tiistai 4. huhtikuuta 2017

Freenas test

I wanted to try out freenas, unfortunately I found only too old 32bit computers from my home. Lucky for me, my friend gave me an old Lenovo, 71y8458. It is 64bit, but takes only 4gigs of memory, and freenas corral wants 8.



So I suppose this is not going to be my final archive platform, but now I have something to experiment on.





Got 3 small disks I put together to a zfs pool. So now I can do some tests with this. Seems to work pretty well. Unfortunately the processor I have does not support virtualisation, so I will not be able to test all features on this setup, but files seem to move between 20mb/s and 30 mb/s, when my network drives tend to stay under 10mb/s.

First impressions are very positive, Freenas was reasonably easy to install and it looks nice and seems pretty logical to set up. I will continue testing on this setup, and try to make plans for more serious setup.



 

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti